Cairns Photographic Society
We are a friendly and long established club, being a continuance of the photographic club formed in Cairns in 1899, that has undergone several name changes over the years.
The aims of our Club are to encourage members to produce creative work of their own, and to encourage and enable members to aid each other in achieving their aims.
Are you interested in photography? We welcome you to come along to our club evenings, either as a visitor or new member.
Membership has many benefits:
- Gain from the many opportunities to improve your photography, whatever your level of experience.
- Gain from the knowledge of fellow club members.
- Take part in club competitions and critique sessions to further your knowledge.
- Take part in club outings.
- Share your knowledge and help other photographers.
- Keep up to date with our latest news.
- Showcase your photography in a gallery for free.
- To become a member
of the Cairns Photographic Society - application forms here.
Next Club Meeting
Thursday 11 June
OPEN - Print
Next Field Trip:
Crystal Cascades -
Meet at the Crystal Cascades carpark 8am
Or at Ingrid & Terry's to car pool.
Concentrate on Shallow DoF/Selective Focus, Textures & Critters
Bring picnic brunch and have a game of Boccee at Ingrid & Terry's place.
Our new 'Happenings' page is now live.
Keep updated with other information of our outings, club competitions and urgent
news & tit bits for our members here.
Check out the Club Calendar to be totally up to date
with our outings and competitions.
And some revised Competition Rules here.
New Membership Form 2015/16
worddoc or pdf
CPSinc Club Meetings
Comino House - Edge Hill
2nd Thursday each month
Arrive 6.45 for 7pm start
7pm - 9.30pm
Map & Directions
Monthly Meetings held at
27 Greenslopes Street
Cnr Little StreetEdge Hill 4870 Qld
Visitors are welcome.