Cairns Photographic Society
We are a friendly and long established club, being a continuance of the photographic club formed in Cairns in 1899, that has undergone several name changes over the years.
The aims of our Club are to encourage members to produce creative work of their own, and to encourage and enable members to aid each other in achieving their aims.
Are you interested in photography? We welcome you to come along to our club evenings, either as a visitor or new member.
Membership has many benefits:
- Gain from the many opportunities to improve your photography, whatever your level of experience.
- Gain from the knowledge of fellow club members.
- Take part in club competitions and critique sessions to further your knowledge.
- Take part in club outings.
- Share your knowledge and help other photographers.
- Keep up to date with our latest news.
- Showcase your photography in a gallery for free.
- To become a member
of the Cairns Photographic Society - application forms here.
Congratulations to Jacqueline Hammer winning the Cairns Show 2015 Photographer of the Year
And winning the Mono Print
Congratulations to Larry Russell for winning the
Cairns Show 2015 Colour Print
For all the results check out our 'Happenings' page.
Stay updated with our outings, club competitions
news & tit bits for our members here.
Next Club Meeting
Thursday 8 October 2015
Landscape showing foreground interest, midground and background interest - PRINT
CPSinc Club Rules here.
Next Field Trip:
Outing 31 October - City Walk & Zakie (Zombie Walk)
more info later.
Alternative if you do not wish to do the Zombie Walk:
CAIRNS NIGHT WALK
Meet at Cruise Liner Marlin Wharf 1 at 7pm.
New Membership Form 2015/16
worddoc or pdf
CPSinc Club Meetings
Comino House - Edge Hill
2nd Thursday each month
Arrive 6.45 for 7pm start
7pm - 9.30pm
Map & Directions
Monthly Meetings held at
27 Greenslopes Street
Cnr Little StreetEdge Hill 4870 Qld
Visitors are welcome.