Cairns Photographic Society
We are a friendly and long established club, being a continuance of the photographic club formed in Cairns in 1899, that has undergone several name changes over the years.
The aims of our Club are to encourage members to produce creative work of their own, and to encourage and enable members to aid each other in achieving their aims.
Are you interested in photography? We welcome you to come along to our club evenings, either as a visitor or new member.
Membership has many benefits:
- Gain from the many opportunities to improve your photography, whatever your level of experience.
- Gain from the knowledge of fellow club members.
- Take part in club competitions and critique sessions to further your knowledge.
- Take part in club outings.
- Share your knowledge and help other photographers.
- Receive a monthly newsletter.
- Keep up to date with our latest news.
- Showcase your photography in a gallery for free.
- To become a member
of the Cairns Photographic Society
Download: Membership Application for 2013/14
CPSinc Club Outing
Sunday 24 November
Catana Wetlands from 5.30am - from birds to macro shoot.
Bird's eye view map here.
Yorkey's Knob Boat Club breakfast tables booked from 8.30am.
Breakfast Menu here - reasonably priced.
Then to Yorkey Knob Beach perhaps for some
slow shutter work, leisurely walk
or observe kite surfing if still on.
December 12 Thursday
Next Club Meeting: Cominos House
Be there by 6.45pm for 7pm start
Meeting and Christmas Party
CLUB COMPETITION RULES
For Digital Competition:
Maximum Horizontal 1920px by
Maximum Vertical 1280px
Each file size must not exceed 2.5MB per image
For Print Competition:
Maximum Print of A4 size or 12 x 8" Paper Size
If a square image is submitted
Max 1280 x 1280 px and trim off the white paper
Check out the Club Calendar to be totally up to date
with our outings and competitions.
And Competition Rules here.
Monthly Meetings held at
27 Greenslopes Street
Cnr Little StreetEdge Hill 4870 Qld
2nd Thursday each month
Arrive 6.45 for 7pm start
7pm - 9.30pm
Visitors are always welcome.
Proudly funded by: