Cairns Photographic Society
We are a friendly and long established club, being a continuance of the photographic club formed in Cairns in 1899, that has undergone several name changes over the years.
The aims of our Club are to encourage members to produce creative work of their own, and to encourage and enable members to aid each other in achieving their aims.
Are you interested in photography? We welcome you to come along to our club evenings, either as a visitor or new member.
Membership has many benefits:
- Gain from the many opportunities to improve your photography, whatever your level of experience.
- Gain from the knowledge of fellow club members.
- Take part in club competitions and critique sessions to further your knowledge.
- Take part in club outings.
- Share your knowledge and help other photographers.
- Receive a monthly newsletter.
- Keep up to date with our latest news.
- Showcase your photography in a gallery for free.
- To become a member
of the Cairns Photographic Society
Download: Membership Application for 2013/14
Sunday 23 June
**NOTE: Saturday 29th June
8am Machans Beach - Anton's Demolition Yard
62 Tucker St Machans Beach.
Be there on time as parking is limited. We can probably all fit in the yard.
Morning tea 10.30am ? on the beach.
Next Club Meeting: Cominos House
Be there by 6.45pm for 7pm start
Thursday 11 July 2013
AGM and Membership due
CLUB COMPETITION - July
Steps - may be stairs/stairways/ladders
Up or down - be creative.
This month on CD only
Image size; longest side is 1920 pixels
File size must not exceed 2MB
NOTE: SATURDAY - 27 July - 8.30am
Treasure Hunt - Seek & Find
Start & finish - opposite Cominos House in the undercover picnic area (Saltwater Lake) Bring your picnic lunch.
Monthly Meetings held at
27 Greenslopes Street
Cnr Little StreetEdge Hill 4870 Qld
2nd Thursday each month
Arrive 6.45 for 7pm start
7pm - 9.30pm
Visitors are always welcome.